I just got a phone call I will never ever forget. Today I was asked if I had a place in my hospital for Baby Jesus!
The story begins with a baby boy with severe cerebral palsy who was abandoned in the sugar—cane plantation 6 years ago and rescued by the field workers on Christmas Day. From that day forward his orphanage has endearingly called him “Baby Jesus”.
For six years, Baby Jesus has spent every day in the bed of an orphanage unable to sit on his own or even use his hands. He is non-verbal and only able to express noises to indicate hunger or to refuse food when he is full.
Just one week before this phone call, I sent a letter to potential end-of-year donors stating “Much like the Christmas story, these orphans are told time and time again that there is ‘no room for them in the inn’. “
Little did I know that just one week later I would be faced with a child who is literally named Baby Jesus and needs “room in my inn”. My heart is so heavily burdened for this child. Fingers quivering as I type this—just knowing that God has something better for this precious child.
I am confident that the specific wording in my fundraising letter was no coincidence—but a prophecy for this very moment. My Savior has entrusted me with his most vulnerable child, just in time for Christmas.
Could you please join me in praying for full provision in this effort? Specifically, we need confirmation that someone is willing to sponsor Jesus in his long-term stay at our facility.
His specific needs will include:
- Employment of 2 full-time caregivers who are solely responsible for his holistic care (feeding, bathing, transporting)
- Physical Therapy and Speech Therapy Plans
- Monthly sponsorship for room, board, and medication.
- Installation of a wheelchair-ramp for the front-stairs in our facility
Our specific treatment goals will include:
- Work to see significant progress in his verbal abilities within his first 6 months of stay.
- Organize daily therapies to increase his strength, ability to use his hands, and to teach him to sit independently.
- Provide emotional support and intentional trust building necessitated for care of a child who has been largely isolated and bed bound for his entire life to date.
- Identify a loving home or care facility that will be able to support his specific needs when he becomes an adult.
Our prayer is that we can secure commitments of $300/month specifically for Baby Jesus’ care so that we can confidently admit him for long-term care at our facility by Christmas Eve.
Would you please help us make this Christmas wish come true by sharing his story or considering personal sponsorship today? We cannot imagine a child who is in greater need of your prayers or love this holiday.
Link to make a one-time gift or become a monthly sponsor: www.ovinternational.org/donate
May God bless you for your willingness to advocate for His most vulnerable children!